Find the best companies, prices, coverage options, and quotes for your 2021 & 2022 “New Driver Car Insurance Quotes” in CT, ME, MA, NH, NM, OH, RI, SC, TX, and VA with “Premier Shield New Driver Car Insurance Quotes” rates, prices, and coverage options.
Learn how to find “lower car insurance prices” if you’re a “newly licensed driver” or get your “first auto insurance policy in MA” with the help of expert “new insurance” agents at the Premier Shield Insurance agency.
Get cheaper rates, lower prices, and better coverage for your “auto insurance coverage” “Near You” with the help of Premier Shield.
Cheapest Car Insurance in MA for New Drivers
Compare car insurance quotes from the top insurance companies in MA to find the best coverage at the cheapest price with Premier Shield Insurance. Our insurance agency specializes in helping new drivers find the cheapest price for car insurance in Massachusetts.
How Much is Car Insurance for a New Driver in Massachusetts?
In 2021, Car insurance for a new driver in Massachusetts costs roughly $1,500 to $8,100 per year, on average.
Premier Shield Insurance Co-Founder
Young and new drivers in Massachusetts often find sticker shock when they hear outrageous quotes like $500-$900 a month for Boston car insurance rates for new drivers.
Also, check out our Car Insurance Massachusetts page to learn more about auto insurance information in MA.
If you are a new driver in the state of Massachusetts, chances are you are seeing some incredibly expensive quotes for car insurance. Premier Shield Insurance is here to help you find the best Massachusetts car insurance.
If you are between the ages of 18 to 23 and you are trying to find affordable car insurance in Massachusetts, you may be running into problems finding monthly prices, rates and premiums that work with your budget.
Call 1-774-847-7746 for Massachusetts Fast & Accurate Car Insurance Quotes
The purpose of this article is to help newly licensed drivers understand how Massachusetts car insurance works for new drivers.
We will cover teen driving tips & tricks, high-impact factors which affect how much money your new drivers pay for car insurance in Massachusetts.
We are going to dive into insurance company rating factors. The independent agents at Premier Shield Insurance are here to help lower the amount you are paying each month for car insurance. Car insurance for new drivers is rising at a very high rate in 2022.
Read more about Massachusetts Car Insurance Prices Rise in 2022.
Primary Massachusetts Insurance Company Rating Factors
- Date First Licensed – If you recently received your license or permit within the last year, you are considered the highest risk and most likely to file a claim or be involved in an at-fault accident.
- What Zip Code You Live In – If you are a young driver in Auburn MA you’re going to be paying much less than the exact same driver living in Mattapan, MA. I recently helped a 20-year-old PSI customer living in Mattapan put full coverage on a 2015 Chevy Malibu. A 6-month policy was $3,702. We quoted the same person. The same vehicle coverage was quoted in Auburn MA 01501. The price was $1,838 or 50.35% cheaper per year.
- Proof of Prior Car Insurance – If you are a young driver, your parents should be putting you on their policy immediately after you pass your road test. The same driver in Auburn had they be listed on a parent’s policy and it was active for at least 1 year would drop the 6-month premium to $1,523
- Prior Car Insurance Coverage Limits – One very important Massachusetts Insurance Company Rating Factor is how high are your Optional Bodily Injury Limits (Part 5). Insurance companies view drivers that carry higher limits are more responsible and often give you a lower rate when you’re trying to switch. If you’re coming off you’re parent’s policy and they carry state minimum coverage you’re getting a higher price than if they carry 100,000/300,000. If you’re on someone else’s policy there isn’t much you can do outside of talking with them about why carrying higher limits is a good thing.
You can see the situation above how we went from $7,404 a year down to $3,046 a year saving the driver $363.17/m or $4,358 a year. Obviously, we understand life isn’t as simple as “moving out of the city” just to save money on car insurance.
However, where you decide to live can have a big impact on your monthly budget and money you have for other things like food and housing.
Secondary Massachusetts Insurance Company Rating Factors
- Taking Drivers Education – It’ll help you be more educated about the risks of driving and insurance companies will discount your policy if you’ve taken it.
- Qualifying as a Good Student – Getting A’s and B’s isn’t just good for your career path, it’ll help save you money on your car insurance in Massachusetts.
- Policy Effective Date – If you are on a policy now for at least 6 months putting the new policy effective day a week out can save you 10% on your rate!
|New Driver Insurance Massachusetts Good Student Discounts Save 25% Call 774-847-7746 we help good students save money on car insurance in MA. Students have it hard enough with the cost of tuition today. We understand the challenges of trying to own and afford a car can be challenging. That’s why we work closely with students and parents to help lower the cost of car insurance for college students in Massachusetts.Related Content – Car Insurance for New Drivers in Massachusetts|
Tips For Teen Drivers in Massachusetts
Learning how to drive safely can be one of the best financial decisions you’ll ever make. Avoiding claims, accidents and tickets will put you ahead of all the other drivers paying too much for car insurance.
- Don’t speed and obey the posted speed limits.
- Don’t text while driving
- Don’t tailgate give at least 51 feet for every 10 miles per hour. At 65 miles an hour, it can take at least 317 feel for your vehicle to stop. So make sure you have enough room to stop if the person in front of you slams on their breaks.
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Take driver’s ed.
- Get good grades.
- Don’t buy a car you need to finance.
- Work to stay accident and claim-free for your first 6 years.
- Make sure you clean your windshield.
- Don’t speed, a ticket for speeding or reckless driving will most certainly jack up your insurance rates.
- Come to a complete stop at stop signs and be mindful of other vehicles.
- Keep your music turned down so you can focus on driving.
- If someone is waiving you into oncoming traffic be very careful.
- Watch for school buses stopped and kids crossing. It is one of the most expensive tickets you can get going past a stop sign letting off kids.
- Make sure you are a good driver when you’re on your parent’s policy. They’ll be really upset if you’re a bad driver and cost them hundreds or thousands extra per year on insurance premiums.
If you really want to understand how to get and keep the lowest insurance rates possible call us today.
In this state (Massachusetts), I’ve seen so many agents that would simply sell you a more expensive policy so they can make more money. It might be $50/month more or even $150/month more for car insurance.
We understand if we can’t get you the lowest price you will find it elsewhere.
Our licensed insurance agents have your back and we will always keep shopping your rates to keep them low. Request a free car insurance quote by calling 774-847-7746 or filling out the online quote request below.
New Driver Insurance Cost MA
In Massachusetts, car coverage costs $5,046 annually for a 16-year-old driver (by themself), but can lower your family car insurance rate by up to 50% when you bundle homeowners with auto if you’re adding a teenage driver.
Brian Plain – CoFounder Premier Shield
We’ll quote the Zebra but we don’t really believe their prices and analysis/research is accurate in 2020.
Typically, auto insurance is more expensive for young drivers, as auto insurance companies see newer drivers as riskier. In Massachusetts, car coverage costs $5,046 annually for a 16-year-old driver, but just $1,030 per annum for a client in his or her 50s.
Now personally we think these figures are completely wrong because we offer insurance to young drivers and families every day. It typically costs closers to $2,400 to add a child to an existing policy but I can be much higher depending on the driving records and coverage of other household members on the car insurance policy.
If you carry high optional bodily insurance limits like $100,000/$300,000 and $100,000 in Property Damage you may want to look at shopping and comparing home and auto rates when you add a youthful operator to the policy.
Additional resources for young drivers in Massachusetts
- Adding a Teen Driving in New England
- What’s the cheapest car insurance for young drivers in Boston Massachusetts?
- Insurance for College Students in New England
- Junior Operator License (JOL) requirements
- Young or Newly Licensed Driver with No Prior Car Insurance
- Tips For Teen Driving
- Young Driver Car Insurance Savings Calculator
- Best Cheap Car Insurance in Massachusetts for 2020
- Restrictions for Teen Drivers in Massachusetts
- How to Get Cheaper Car Insurance for New Drivers
- Cheaper Young Single Mother Car Insurance New England
- Find Cheap Car Insurance in Massachusetts (With 2020 Rates)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Massachusetts New Driver Insurance Required? – Yes, all Massachusetts newly-licensed drivers are required to have car insurance at least state minimums of $20,000 per person for bodily injury, $40,000 per accident for bodily injury, and $5,000 for property damage ($20,000/$40,000/$5,000).
A very common question from young drivers and parents we often hear is “Do you have to insure a teenage driver?“. When is the proper time to notify your agent or insurance company that there is a new driver in the household? The answer is to add them immediately. If they have a license or a permit they legally should be added to your Massachusetts personal automobile policy. Many car insurance companies allow parents to simply “list a teen” on the auto policy with a learner’s permit on the policy at no charge until the child becomes a fully licensed driver.
How much is car insurance in ma for new drivers? Many factors such as proof of prior insurance, good grades, vehicle driven, and risk location all play huge roles in the amount of your premium. If you would like a personalized insurance quote you can call 774-847-7746 or request an auto insurance quote online.
Companies You Should Compare With Premier Shield Insurance If You Have a Teen Driver
If you have one of the below companies AND you have a young or teen driver, you could easily be paying several hundred (or thousands) of dollar per year. Many car insurance companies in New England provide” harsh rating teen drivers“.
It’s true, one of our mottoes at Premier Shield is “We solve complex insurance situations for consumers“. The truth is they’re really not as complex as they are “expensive”.
It’s not a problem for some people to spend $3,000, $4,000, $5,000 or more for a “family car insurance policy” therefore they don’t have a complex problem they’re looking to solve.
Another truth is, even affluent homeowners in “high income” areas like in the top 50 are shopping and comparing rates when they add a teen driver.
Why? Many people affluent people don’t waste money on insurance and utilize the expertise of independent agents to help them navigate the difficult homeowners and auto insurance market in Massachusetts.
- Bunker Hill Insurance
- Concord Group
- GEICO Insurance
- Hanover Insurance
- John Hancock
- Liberty Mutual
- Plymouth Rock
- Progressive Insurance
- Quincy Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- Safety Insurance
- State Farm
- Stillwater Insurance
- Travelers Insurance
- Vermont Mutual
Car Insurance by Location
Find cheaper car insurance rates, prices, and lower premiums through Premier Shield Insurance.
- Chestnut Hill
- North Reading
- North Andover
- West Newbury
2021 Cheap Car Insurance Companies for New Drivers in Massachusetts
When you’re a young driver you have limited options for affordable car insurance companies in Massachusetts. Many will want to charge you well over $9,000 a year in 2021. If you’re young and you need help finding affordable prices, typically we’re able to find you a lower rate with Progressive than if you call them or GEICO insurance directly.
Quotes for Adding Young Drivers to Your Policy
Adding a young driver or a teen driving to a car insurance policy can be a very expensive situation. We are experts at helping families find better prices for their homeowners and auto.
We can save you up to 37% when you bundle auto and homeowners. Request a quote below and we’ll have an expert agent give you a callback within 24 hours.
Car Insurance Quote
How much is car insurance in MA for new drivers?
Typically, auto insurance is more expensive for young drivers, as auto insurance companies see newer drivers as more risky. In Massachusetts (As of Feb 8, 2019), car coverage costs $5,046 annually for a 16-year-old driver, but just $1,030 per annum for a client in his or her 50s.
Car Insurance in MA for New Drivers Keywords and Hashtags
- “Allstate auto insurance increase“
- “Amica car insurance Massachusetts”
- “Amica customer reviews”
- “best car insurance Massachusetts Reddit”
- “car insurance quotes Worcester ma“
- “cheap insurance in Boston“
- commerce insurance rating
- Geico choice insurance company
- Geico reviews Massachusetts
- Geico vs Plymouth rock
- homeowners insurance reviews
- Massachusetts auto insurance policy
- Massachusetts car insurance laws
- Massachusetts car insurance rates by town
- safety insurance quote
- state farm ma
- top insurance companies in New England
- USAA Massachusetts auto insurance
- “Cheap Car Insurance for New Drivers in Massachusetts“
- “Best car insurance for new drivers 2021 in MA”
- “The best car insurance for new drivers 2020 in Massachusetts“
- “How much is insurance for new drivers in Massachusetts 2020?”
- “What is the best insurance company for new drivers?”
- “Who has the cheapest car insurance in Massachusetts?“
- “What car insurance is required in Massachusetts?”
Restrictions on New Drivers in MA
Massachusetts law states that for the first six months with a license, new drivers under 18 may not drive a car with any passenger under 18 unless the new driver is accompanied by a person who is 21 who: Has at least one year of driving experience. Holds a valid driver’s license. Sits in the seat beside the driver.
Teenage driver in Massachusetts holding a JOL (junior operator’s license) may not drive with any passengers under age 18 (other than an immediate family member) for the first 6 months unless accompanied by a licensed driver at least 21 years old. They may not drive between 12:30 a.m. and 5 a.m. unless accompanied by a “parent or legal guardian“.
New Sections, Articles, and Resources
Related Insurance Pages: Save Money on Auto Insurance Quotes in New England, Car Insurance Quotes in Massachusetts, SDIP Point 04, Car Insurance Family Policy